Performing a project for software based workflow control means, procedures which so far have been performed manually are documented in detail, analyzed and then supported or substituted by software controlled automations.
In the production planning process changes of deadlines, approval or clearance processes can be controlled and automated. Just for example the shift of a critical deadline for a production engineer’s planning: this triggers an automated email message to the responsible person, who then can acknowledge or refuse the requested change of plan by a simple software trigger. This automatically produces a correspondent fixed date or a request for a new production planning by the engineer. Commentaries and additional information can be added if wished or required. All actions are recorded in the database history and various reports are created and distributed in the company’s diverse departments and hierarchies. The concurrent reporting in turn serves as a base for regular meetings, in which improvement measures are discussed and defined on the basis of the information given.
For the process participants this means: no more writing of email messages and no danger of forgetting messages. Design and format of emails, “trigger-forms”, warning signals and reports will be exactly adapted to the needs of the persons involved and thus support an optimized flow of work.
This way not only the above described production planning but the complete supply chain processes can be documented, controlled, automated and optimized step by step. The process participants will profit through immediate improvements in their day to day jobs.
The benefits of software based workflow control for your immediate return-on-investment:
- Automated and controlled supply chain processes including auto emails
- Immediate relief in the operational jobs and process improvement for all persons involved
- Automating also means avoiding mistakes
- Web based entry masks based on a central database replace “scattered” excel landscapes
- Upgradeable workflows
- Integrated task management
- Fully automated creation and distribution of the analysis and reports saves enormous preparation efforts and secures the correct distribution of the information
- Webbased information system for all hierarchy levels from the managing board to the engineers controlled by a rights and roles administration